10 oz veal short rib
2 oz mirepoix
4 oz veal demi
1 oz diced roasted tomatoes marinated with cherry vinaigrette
2 cloves garlic
2 oz white wine
1 oz sweet peas
1 oz haricot vert
2 each baby planet carrots
2 each fingerling potatoes
1. Pat the meat dry, season, and sear in a hot pan with olive oil. Set aside in rondeau or braisière pot.
2. Cook the carrots, onion, celery, and garlic in the same pan that you sautéedthe meat. Deglaze with the white wine and pour over the meat.
3. Cook for 10 minutes and add veal demi, thyme, and bay leaf.
4. Slow simmer for about 2 hours or until cooked (don’t overcook!).
5. Remove the meat and vegetables, check for seasoning. Reduce the liquid by half and check for consistency and seasoning.
6. Strain the sauce in fine mesh strainer.
7. Store the veal in the sauce until ready to serve.
WHEN READY TO SERVE:
1. Blanch vegetables, then cool in a cold water bath.
2. In a large sauté pan with raw butter, sauté vegetables, taking care not to add any color.
3. Warm up meat with the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes until hot.
4. Display veal short rib on an oval plate, garnish with sautéed vegetables. Add the marinated diced tomatoes, sauce the meat, and sprinkle the vegetables with freshly chopped parsley.