4 each chicken leg and thighs
4 oz braising vegetables mirepiox (carrots, onion, celery), see recipe
8 oz braising liquid, see recipe
5 oz egg noodles
0.5 oz butter
1 tsp parsley, freshly chopped
2 cups red wine
1/8 bunch thyme
black pepper, to taste
2 each bay leaves
5 each pearl onions
1 oz olive oil
8 oz roasted chicken stock
8 oz veal stock
1 tbsp garlic, slivered
5 each button mushrooms
2 oz bacon
1 oz cocoa powder
1. Make sachet with the thyme, parsley, pepper, and bay leaves.
2. Marinate the chicken legs and thighs (cut in half) for 48 hours in red wine with the sachet, vegetables, and half of the olive oil.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and strain the vegetables, reserving the wine.
4. Pat the chicken dry, season, and sear on all sides in a hot pan with olive oil until deep brown, then set aside.
5. Add the carrots, onion, celery, and garlic to the same pan, then deglaze with the reserved wine.
6. Add the chicken stock and slow simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes (don’t over cook!)
7. Remove the chicken and vegetables, stir in the cocoa powder, and check for seasoning. Reduce the remaining liquid by half to make your sauce.
WHEN READY TO SERVE:
1. In a large sauté pan, sautée mushrooms, bacon, and pearl onions until nice and brown. Add chicken, vegetables, and sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. In a separate pan, heat up the noodles with butter and parsley. Serve the noodles in a large soup plate.
3. Serve the chicken, vegetables, and sauce on the side (recommended in a Staub cocotte).