2 stalks white asparagus, peeled and blanched
2 stalks green asparagus, peeled and blanched
3 cups fish stock
1 cup Noilly Prat vermouth
1 cup white wine
juice of 1 lemon
4 cups cream
2 oz carrots, julienned
2 oz celery, julienned
2 oz leeks, julienned
2 oz white large mushrooms, julienned
8 oz salmon mousse (we recommend purchasing a good quality one, or try making on your own!)
Arctic char fillets, 1.5 oz x 4 (per serving)
10 sorrel leaves
1. Start by sautéing the julienne of carrots, celery, leeks, and mushrooms in butter until tender and without color; cool in refrigerator.
2. Mixed the julienned vegetables with the salmon mousse, in equal amounts, then add sorrel chiffonade.
4. Make a additional sorrel chiffonade for garnish, keep refrigerated.
5. Make a light white fish stock with leeks, celery, onions, shallots, bouquet garnis, tarragon, and sorrel leafs. Add white wine.
6. Simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced for about 20 minutes.
7. Strain and add Noilly Prat and lemon juice. Reduce by half.
8. Add cream, reduce and thicken with beurre marnier. Cook for 8 minutes and add half of the sorrel chiffonade to finish the sauce.
9. Meanwhile, spread the mousse/vegetable combination over two pieces of the arctic char fillet, then cover with two other pieces (like two separated sandwiches)
WHEN READY TO SERVE:
1. Cook the two fillets in a sauté pan with raw butter and chopped shallots, Noilly Prat, wine wine, and fish stock
2. Remove arctic char as done and keep warm
3. Warm up blanched asparagus in a little butter, and season to taste.
4. Heat sauce for a few seconds. Season to taste
5. Pour sauce over char, then garnish with fresh sorrel chiffonade.