This simple, fresh, and colorful dish features classic flavors of Provençe.
6 oz Petrale sole or local sole fillet (floured and seasoned)
½ oz garlic butter, see recipe
¼ oz shallots
1 oz Niçoise olives
¼ oz capers
pinch lemon zest
¼ oz chicken stock
¼ fl oz Pernod
2 oz roasted tomatoes
2 leaves basil (chiffonade)
4 oz seasonal vegetables
¼ oz chives
Garlic Butter Ingredients:
1 stick, or 1/2 cup, butter
1/2 tbsp fresh garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp Pernod
1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Garlic Butter Directions:
1. Place the soften butter in the mixer and whip about 3 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, Pernod, lemon juice and mix.
3. Add the parsley, mix and taste.
1. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan until almost smoking.
2. Add the floured filet, skin side up, cook until golden.
3. Turn the fish and finish in the oven, about 2 minutes.
4. Remove the fish and add half of the garlic butter.
5. Add the shallots, olives, capers, lemon zest , chicken stock, and Pernod.
6. Stir in the remaining garlic butter and tomatoes; check for seasoning.
7. Sauté seasonal vegetables.
8. Place vegetables in the center of the plate, fish, then spoon sauce over the top.
9. Sprinkle with finely chopped chives.